Java Developer, Contract, £350-400 per day, Newbury
Rethink Recruitment are working with a leading Financial Services Company in Newbury who currently requires a Java Developer to come and join their expanding highly technical Java team on a 6 month contract.
As a member of the IT Applications Team, the objective of the role is to develop, maintain and support the groups internally produced software applications and will be involved in the full development life cycle; analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
This role will work closely within a small team of Java developers. Focus will be particularly on web tier development but the candidate will be expected to be able to work at any level of code in conjunction with the rest of the team.
My client are looking for someone with the following skills:
· Extensive experience in a formal structured development environment.
· An expert in the following technologies; JEE, JQuery, JSP, HTML, MVC framework (e.g.
Struts 2) and Ajax.
· Strong SQL knowledge, ideally ANSI
· Experience of three tier web-based applications; Oracle database tier, JEE application server tier and web tier with particular emphasis on the web tier. Specific experience of application servers such as OAS and Weblogic would be advantageous.
· Be able to demonstrate, communicate and implement recognised frameworks, design patterns, tools and standards in relation to Java and JEE.
· Experience in Impact assessments for Change Requests and the production of estimates for development and delivery.
· In-depth experience of the full software development life cycle; analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
· Extensive knowledge of Configuration Management, Change Control and Build tools.
· Adaptable and flexible to meet workload demands.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Open minded, self motivated and have a can do attitude.
In return my client will pay £350-400 per day, and exposure to working within a growing, ambitious and expanding company in Financial Services.
Please send CV's through to firstname.lastname@example.org