New Packaging development: Responsible for the design and development of new and innovative packaging concepts.
· To design consumer relevant value added packaging, specific for the region while ensuring design meets the regional consumer insights and are fitting with business and marketing strategies with emphasis on high quality packaging in a timely and cost effective manner.
· To issue Packaging design specifications and Bill Of Materials
· To be fully knowledgeable on consumer profiles, brand frameworks, major competitors, markets, process, packaging, quality and technologies involved in areas of responsibility.
· Represent packaging development in the Innovation process.
· Provide structurally sound packaging and displays solutions as well as redesign existing components to provide improved retail sales performance
· Responsible for transforming & translating packaging sketches and ideas into 3-D designs
· Preparing package mock ups and prototypes with external vendors for presentation and following project process through to completion
· Work closely with Packaging PPI (Product & Proceess Implementation) Techonologist in factories during trial feasibility, commissioning and implementation stages
· Identify globally/regionally available pack designs relevant for implementation for the Seasonal market
· Coordinate regular brainstorming sessions with packaging team
2. Database management: Ensure database is continually updated of all new packaging specifications for reference by both commercial and marketing.
3. Other unit's development: Develop relationships with other units & the global design team to gain support with the latest in packaging design and development.