MSSQL (SQl Server) Senior DBA. South Wales. £45,000 p/a + benefits.
Our established online client in the Cardiff is looking for an experienced Microsoft SQL Database Administrator to work with them on a permanent basis in their networks team.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the following key tasks:
* Maintaining and supporting production MS SQL database servers.
* Maintaining and supporting test MS SQL database servers.
* Ensuring full recovery of the backup strategy
* Implementing and maintaining replication and log shipping across multiple SQL versions (2005 - 2008 - 2012)
* Installing new SQL instances
As well as being highly driven, personable and a great team player, you will also have proven experience in the following competencies:
* Experience managing MS SQL 2005/2008/2012.
* Able to create and optimise stored procedures
* Knowledge of monitoring performance and capacity
* Practical experience in managing internal and external MS SQL database security using SQL and windows authentication.
* Database migration, e.g. MS SQL 2005 to MS SQL 2008 to 2012
* Database Mirroring and Log shipping
* SQL Server Clustering.
* Performance tuning
If you have exposure to BI tools such as SSIS, SSRS or SSAS, this would be extremely desirable; as would exposure to SAN technologies such as EMC.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced DBA to work within a dynamic, friendly and outgoing environment where the benefits and perks of the company do not just end at your package. Free gym subscription, days out, plus ticket offers to major sporting and music events will all be on offer as you begin working with a lively and rewarding company that will see you develop and enhance your DBA skill set.
We are acting as an Employment Agency
Follow all our latest jobs on twitter @ReThinkJobs