Test Engineer -Test Automation / Testing Framework- ISEB - Agile C#- .Net - HTML - Java - An exciting contract Opportunity - London. £250 / £300 per day
Do you have experience with test automation and testing mobile/tablet devices?
We are currently recruiting a Test Engineer to work with a large UK Retailer You will be working in a newly created agile research and development business as usual team whose goal is to be at the forefront of technology retail innovation. We aim to be a catalyst for business transformation and also to influence the wider industry.
About your responsibilities:
· Work in an agile, cross functional team taking responsibility for the team deliverables and quality.
· Work closely with team members and business stakeholders to gather and define test requirements.
· Work closely with the team as they design the solution to ensure that all aspects of it are testable and that gaps are identified early so they can be addressed.
· Support developers in understanding how to write more testable and robust code.
· Create test automation suites which support the goals of the project and ensure a wide breadth of coverage.
· Ensure quality is built into the continuous integration process making sure that no known defects remain un-resolved.
· Promote good software engineering practices (e.g. test driven development, performance in design).
·Qualifications & Experience:
· Experience of commercial testing software.
· ISEB Intermediate Level.
· Strong analytical capability
· Excellent collaboration and communication skills
· Fluent/expert/adept in Scrum and the use of User Story format for PBIs and able to turn COA's into meaningful tests
· Business interaction skills, actively helping to shape business requirements through well-formed stories
· Comfortable and proficient leading testing activities Sprint by Sprint working without detailed specifications
· Creation of test data
· Experience with creation and management of automated tests
· Maintainable automated tests with low cost of change
· Understand and can query SQL
· Understanding of logical and physical architectures and their relationship with load, performance and security
· Strong broad base of knowledge in all of the following test approaches:
o Integration tests.
o Smoke tests.
o Regression testing.
o Exploratory testing.
o Usability testing.
o Penetration/Security testing.
o Load and Performance testing.
o Soak testing.
· Strong understanding of different types of testing
o Business Logic - API/Service.
o Unit Tests.
o Cross browser testing.
o Unit test: MS Test, NUNIT.
o Version Control (Git).
o Defect Management (Jira).
o Continuous integration (TeamCity).
o Visual WebTests.
o BDD (e.g. gherkin).
o Load test tools.
· Experience; testing web apps, wcf services, services, distributed architecture, database testing, mobile
· Understanding of software design patterns and their impact on the testability of software
· BDD: Mspec, Specflow, others
If this is the opportunity for you, I want to hear from you. Please send your updated CV to Simon at Rethink Recruitment on email@example.com or call 01173178888