Virtualisation/Cloud support engineer - Vcloud, VMware, vSpere, vCenter, ESX, ESXi, VMware View, VMware vCloud Director, Redhat, Linux, Cisco UCS, Oracle RAC based in London paying up to £450 per day.
My client is a leading service provider who operates on a global basis but have a very strong presence in Europe. They have seen unfounded growth in the market and are currently expanding and a great time to join a company if you are seeking a dynamic work environment working with the latest technologies.
My client is seeking a Virtualisation/Cloud support engineer - Vcloud, VMware, vSpere, vCenter, ESX, ESXi, VMware View, VMware vCloud Director, Redhat, Linux, Cisco UCS, Oracle RAC based in London paying up to £450 per day.
The role is for the individual to take ownership of the support for cloud systems and virtualisation so strong VMware experience is necessary. The role needs someone who also has a thorough understanding of networking and storage also. You will manage incident requests and change management.
The key accountabilities are as follows:
· Provide ongoing support on all areas of virtualisation including VMware vCloud, vSphere, Cloudstack and VDI/View.
· Assist in design / development of virtualisation products and solutions.
· Assist in virtualisation-based projects.
· Dealing with all types of virtualisation-related incidents to ensure that Service Level Agreements with customers are adhered to.
· Build and maintain working relationships with key service provision and vendor partners.
· Strong communication and interface skills to other functional areas within UK.
· Documentation and maintaining SKMS.
The role requires the individual to come from an operations background and have experience in the following areas:
· Demonstrate excellent general knowledge of Virtualisation platforms
· Proven VMware experience to include: vSphere-vCenter, ESX and ESXi, VMware View and VMware vCloud Director
· Previous Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5+ Administration and Configuration
· Direct experience of Windows System Administration and Configuration
· Proven experience of configuring hosts for Network Attached Storage
· Familiarity with Oracle database products, in particular Oracle RAC 11g and MS SQL.
· Direct experience of Cloudstack and other cloud technologies
· Previous Cisco UCS experience
· Offer strong networking knowledge
· Direct experience of KVM, Xen, HP Integrity VMs, HyperV or Solaris Zones
· Previous experience of automation using VMware PowerCLI or vMA command-line tools
· Familiarity with REST/XML-baseDirect experience of Cloudstack and other cloud technologies
Ideally the individual will also have VMware certification.
We are acting as an Employment Business.
Follow @ReThinkJobs on twitter for all our latest jobs