An exciting opportunity to join a successful retailer as a computer operator within their head offices in Northampton. This is a 1st line support role and previous experience within IT is essential. The role is principally based in Northampton but travel to other sites in the U.K. will occasionally be required.
- To support the company in actioning any IT problems
- Perform monitoring of the production schedule, environment and key applications ensuring failures and issues are dealt with in a timely manner and are escalated to the relevant support teams where necessary.
- To ensure agreed SLA’s and KPI’s are adhered to and achieved.
- To ensure the operations task list is followed and completed (where instructed by Shift Leader).
- Gain familiarity with operations documentation and procedures.
- Review and update documentation as required.
- Reporting into the shift leader (Senior Operator in their absence) and ultimately into the Service Delivery Manager for Operations.
- The role will require interfacing with all aspects of I.S. and the business on a daily basis.
- An amount of interfacing with Howden’s external partners and third party support contacts will be required.
- Monitoring and escalation of issues to ensure timely completion of the production schedule.
- Monitoring of the environment, network and systems with issues escalated via the correct path.
- Liaison with other Service Delivery / I.S. Staff when involved in fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Communication with Shift Leader / Service Delivery Managers regarding delays to business critical applications and other serious problems.
- Act as first line support on all calls received out of Service Desk hours.
- Monitoring and policing of outstanding ITSM calls for I.S. (and non I.S.) teams.
- Previous experience working in a shift based Operations environment.
- An understanding / previous experience of using a call logging system.
- Basic knowledge of Wintel / PC usage / Microsoft outlook.
- Ability to produce reports using Excel and PowerPoint.
- An understanding of ITIL preferably.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to build rapport with support teams, users and third party contacts.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also use own initiative to highlight potential issues.
- Capability to follow procedures and documentation to ensure issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Adaptable to learning about new applications and procedures as they are introduced into the Operations environment.
- Confidence to escalate to support teams for assistance with issues and job failures.
- Confidence to join and deliver pertinent information at meetings and conference calls where applicable.
Interviews will be held immediately so please do not hesitate in applying if you are interested.