Salary: Up to £65,000 + bonus and benefits
I am currently recruiting for a Data Architect to join a global organisation currently undergoing an exciting digital transformation. Key to this is to improve the management of their core data sets, bringing data from disparate systems together to improve management information reporting, underpin AI initiatives and enrich the experience of their end-users.
The Data Architect will also fulfil many of the tasks traditionally covered by a DBA. My client primarily relies on Microsoft products, so experience of Microsoft SQL server and its variants in Azure will be central to the role.
In addition, the Data Architect will be at the core of defining and implementing strategy for growing the data warehouse and BI capability. As such, the role holder will be expected to elucidate the right technologies for managing feeds from a variety of sources, including structured and unstructured data; ensure that GDPR and other, similar, requirements are met; and work with their user community to ensure the reporting architecture meets their needs.
- Strong technical skills in SQL Server
- Experience in Microsoft Azure, such as SQL Managed Instance, SQL Managed Database, Azure Data Factory, etc.
- Working knowledge of REST APIs, JSON and ETL technologies/protocols for moving data between systems.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools, such as Microsoft PowerBI.
- Confident in delivering through Agile/Scrum as well as traditional waterfall frameworks.
- Comfortable with being the face of IT – working directly with Finance, Marketing and other business units – for the systems and services in scope.