Desktop Support Engineer
Industry: Financial Services
I currently have an excellent opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer focusing on 1st & 2nd line support for a major financial organisation based in Chatham.
This is an excellent opening to join a company that offers excellent progression into 3rd line support an above roles. They are going through periods of major growth and innovation within their technology departments so it’s a great opportunity to develop your skill sets long term.
The position offers an above market rate salary, an excellent benefits package and an impressive pension scheme.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Desktop Engineers will deliver an exceptional level of 1st and 2nd Line support & service for Vanquis colleagues.
- Provide On-Site service and support, including user hardware request fulfilment and incident resolution.
- Provide IT Facilities service and support including VC conferencing, AV solutions and printers.
- Provide remote service and support to colleagues (‘Service Desk’ service) via various channels (phone, email and tickets raised by Self Service Portal, as well as Chat support).
- Conduct Service responsibilities as per the Major Incident Process and Procedure and complete investigation and actions as relevant as part of Problem Management.
- Meet Service Level Targets and Performance Targets applicable (Ticket response, resolution targets, call answer speed etc)
- Provide front line service to colleagues for requests, queries and incidents on business services and applications, providing first line resolution where possible and triage of tickets according to run books/Standard Operating Procedures or ad-hoc investigating and collaborative working
- Maintain user and IT facilities hardware and software to agreed standards
- Contribute to the effective running of the Service function, playing a part in workload management
- Contribute to continual service improvement
- Deputise and act as a delegate for the Principle Desktop Engineers where appropriate
- Maintain Service processes and standard operating procedures
- Commits to involvement in regular performance and development conversations with their line manager and embraces a culture of in-time feedback and coaching.
- Adhere to agreed documentation, processes and governance as per standard documentation, regulation, Service Management and company process and governance
- Adhere to employee policies
- Comply with the organisations Information Security Policy, and all subordinate policies and local procedures.
- Protect the organisation assets in line with the requirements set out in the Acceptable Use Policy.
Knowledge and experience requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing remote and on-site desktop / service and support including front line and second line level
- Proven experience of working within with ITIL aligned processes
- Sound technical knowledge and understanding of infrastructure and applications
- Experience working in an environment of strict compliance and regulation
- Previous experience of working within a customer centric business
- Previous experience of supporting a Windows and Citrix environment
- Experience supporting Office 365 front-end applications
- Experience supporting AV equipment and Printer authentication software
- Scripting / automation skills using Powershell
- Previous experience working with an environment of agility focus / product team construct
- Previous experience of working within Financial Services industry, with banking compliance and regulation knowledge
- Previous experience supporting a Call Centre user-base
- DevOps / Agile framework knowledge / experience
- 37.5 hour working week
- Personal Development Programmes