HEAD OF IT OPERATIONS -IT OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT – LONDON UNIVERSITY – from £60,000 per annum
Are you an innovative Head of IT Operations who is looking for an environment where you can lead change initiatives and evolve IT and technology to become a true business enabler?
Our client is a leading London University who are looking for a HEAD OF IT OPERATIONS to lead the strategic planning, development and management of all aspects of their IT operational business.
This role is one of four Heads reporting to the Director of Information Systems and Services. With a direct impact on the student and staff experience, you will be responsible for leading the strategic planning, development and management of all aspects of IT Operations within the University in order to deliver first class resilient, accessible, fit for purpose and customer-centric services to the University whilst monitoring performance, driving improvement initiatives and managing and development the people and processes that support this function.
In this role, you will be able to utilise your following experience:
- ITIL qualified to Practitioner or Manager level and experience of working in an environment that uses best practice methodologies such as ITIL, with good understanding of all core processes
- DevOps environment experience- experience leading change initiatives (OR an appreciation or interest in this space)
- Experience of leading end to end IT Operations departments in complex distributed environments
- Proven people management and Leadership skills (teams of x30 +)– resource and performance management issues, motivate and lead teams
- Demonstrable experience in the effective management of third party suppliers
- Finely tuned stakeholder management skills to ensure effective engagement at all levels
- Excellent prioritisation skills and resource management, accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to agree priorities and negotiate for resources
- Able to assess complex issues; and to apply originality in modifying existing approaches to solve problems
- Confidence to challenge existing work practices and shaping the new environment moving forward
In return, you will be part of playing a significant role in shaping and changing a forward thinking organisation that invests in its staff, as well as offering a competitive remuneration package along with multiple benefits and 35 days annual leave plus bank holidays.