HEAD OF SERVICE MANAGEMENT – SUPPORT SERVICES – LONDON UNIVERSITY – up to £60,000 per annum
Are you passionate about Service Management and experienced at providing outstanding technology services for complex organisations?
Our client in the Higher Education sector is looking for a HEAD OF SERVICE MANAGEMENT to lead the strategic planning, development and management of all aspects of their professional Service Management function.
This role is one of four Heads of Service reporting to the Director of Information Systems and Services. With a direct impact on the student and staff experience, you will be responsible for developing the service catalogue, monitoring performance, driving improvement initiatives and managing and development the people and processes that support this function.
A key focus for service improvement will be to work with colleagues across the university to understand how technology enabled change can best support and improve both the student and staff journeys and achieve the operational excellence we aspire to, and to lead on the change initiatives to realise these improvements.
In this role, you will be able to utilise your following experience:
- ITIL qualified to Practitioner or Manager level and experience of working in an environment that uses best practice methodologies such as ITIL, with good understanding of all core processes
- PRINCE2 and/or Agile project management qualified
- Experience and understanding of delivering end to end (business processes to infrastructure) support of enterprise wide ICT solutions and large IT projects
- Demonstrable experience of successful service management and service improvement within a complex organisation
- Proven people management and Leadership skills– resource and performance management issues, motivate and lead teams
- Demonstrable experience in the effective management of third party suppliers
- Finely tuned stakeholder management skills to ensure effective engagement at all levels
- Demonstrable ability to analyse and translate user requirements into technical/service solutions
- Ability to analyse data to inform service improvement interventions
- Experienced in the management of both revenue and capital budgets
- Knowledge and experience of alternative service delivery models
- Excellent prioritisation skills and resource management, accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to agree priorities and negotiate for resources
- Able to assess complex issues; and to apply originality in modifying existing approaches to solve problems
- Confidence to challenge existing work practices
In return, you will be part of a changing organisation that invests in its staff, as well as offering a competitive remuneration package along with multiple benefits and 35 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Please make contact today to find out more.