IT FIELD ENGINEER – £35-40k – WEST SUSSEX
Our client has established an exciting programme of work to expand and further develop their technology capabilities and the IT services that serve their customers. They are a business with social objectives and a fantastic set of values.
Working within the Information Technology team, the IT Field Engineer will be responsible for the provision of Field IT support to all customers using Southern Housing Group IT services. Working as part of a larger team, you will provide excellent customer service and high quality technical support.
Please note: This role shall be based from their Horsham office, with regular travel to regional hub offices across the South-East. Depending on workloads and priorities, this role shall be required to operate within the Horsham office for periods at a time.
Key Skills Required:
* Proven experience as an IT Field Engineer in an IT support function
* Strong diary management, scheduling site visits in line with support and request ticket priorities
* Demonstrable experience of troubleshooting hardware and software issues with end-user computer equipment (laptops, desktops, mobile devices and other workplace technology)
* Knowledge of SCCM for build and application deployment
* Experienced in the deployment of Apple mobile devices with MDM technology
* Good experience of Customer Service values
* Business change experience would be valuable
* A keen eye for detail, particularly focused on asset management and site-based installations
* Able to produce site visit reports and ad-hoc reports to line manager
* Ability to handle a demanding workload and balance the diagnosis and resolution of concurrent technical issues for customer, working on your own initiative and as part of a team
* Knowledge of basic switch management advantageous (Cisco, HPE)
* Experience of working with web based technologies
* Exposure to mature ITSM environments
What they’ll offer you:
* A salary of circa £35,000-40,000 p.a. depending on experience
* 23 days holidays plus public holidays. They also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get another 3 days bonus!
* A great pension scheme
* The ability to buy extra leave and discount cards
* Flexible working
* Employee referral scheme
* Cash claim-back on medical treatments
* Travel to work loan
* Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
Please include a supporting statement explaining how your skills and experience meet the criteria of the job description and person specification. We are only looking for applicants who can demonstrate the required key skills. This role will be primarily based at our Horsham regional office; occasional travel to their other regional UK offices may be required.