IT Security Consultant / Birmingham / Perm
Cyber Security / InfoSec / SIEM / Project / Compliance / ISO /Testing
I am currently recruiting for a highly skilled IT Security Consultant for a rapidly growing financial services client based in Birmingham.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone to come on board at a busy time and be an integral part of a growing IT Security team. You will be the SME for internal Information and Cyber Security projects and programmes within the business.
You will be responsible for anything from documentation to testing, cyber threats to compliance, policy management to SIEM implementation. This role will offer a mixture of non-technical and technical duties.
Key Skills and experience:
- Theoretical and practical TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Ability to trouble shoot complex, technical, multisite and multi-disciplinary problems
- Functional knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows technologies
- Knowledge of targeted cyber-attack, how to analysis these and respond to and mitigate against the attack
- Functional knowledge and experience of using tools for security monitoring (Splunk, QRadar, MacAfee, ArcSight, RSA Netwitness)
- Understanding of Information Security standard like ISO 27001/2 Cyber Essentials
- Active CISSP, SSCP, SANS certs
- Dealing with external and internal auditors
This is a permanent opportunity with a salary up to £55,000 including a 20% bonus and very comprehensive benefits package.
If this role is of interest and you would like to find out more please do not hesitate to give me a call and ask for Trevor on 0121 234 7100 or drop me line on