Lead Data Engineer – Luxury fashion retailer
A leader within the luxury fashion industry is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join them in their head office, based in the heart of central London. Offering a high-end personalised experience, they’re a leader in both online and in-store retail.
Leading a team of three, you’ll be working closely with the Head of Data to deliver their current and future technical roadmaps and will be a crucial cog in building out their Data Lake, as well as implementing streaming technologies and other Big Data platforms within AWS. As part of the Data & Analytics team, your and you team will provide crucial support to the Data Science team in developing their use of data.
This is the perfect position for an experienced and passionate Data Engineer who’s got a strong technical background and looking to take on a leadership position.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading the development of the company’s AWS data lake and data architecture
- Managing the development and maintenance of their ELT/ETL AWS environment
- Out-rolling streaming services in Kafka
- Taking over the leadership of the Data Engineering team, creating an Agile and high-impact environment
What we’re looking for
- An expert Data Engineer, who’s an AWS whiz that has experience in with the fundamentals of data lakes
- Proficient in Spark, Scala, NoSQL and a variety of ETL/ELT tools
- Ideally, experience in Python and/or Java, but not essential
- Experience with streaming tools such as Kafka and/or AWS Kinesis
- A grasp on CI/CD and DevOps methods, as well as Test automation
What you’ll get in return
- Market leading salary, plus a 15% bonus
- 26 Days holiday
- Discounted products
- Health plan & Life assurance
- Season ticket loan, bike loan, childcare vouchers, plus more!
Keen to learn more? Get in touch with Harry on 0117 317 8888 or email