Lead Infrastructure Engineer (Automation/Cloud)
Industry: Financial Services
I have an excellent opportunity for a Lead Infrastructure Engineer to manage a team of highly skilled Infrastructure/DevOps engineers, that play a crucial role in the design and support of Operational Infrastructure for a major Financial Organisation.
The team work toward DevOps principles and utilise technology such as: Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes, Xamarin, Docker and Azure DevOps. You will assist with some of the hands-on work, but your main focus will be driving automation & DevOps practices in the team and assisting them with targets set in an Agile way.
The company are an established financial services business and are currently growing their head count and capabilities within their whole IT department. They develop a wide range of technologies and one in particular that your team supports is a state-of-the-art mobile banking app.
The role offers an above market rate salary, great development opportunities and an excellent benefits package.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Takes the lead on delivery of work items in sprint for the team, working autonomously to engage key
- stakeholders, ensuring all decisions satisfy risk appetite and managing controlled delivery.
- Identify new opportunities and improvements in current practices
- Architect and design Network infrastructure to support the business goals and objectives while adhering to the IT architecture and Information Security principles (Loosely coupled architectures and secure by design)
- Provide strategic insight and input to the team in developing and enhancing strategies.
- Provide consultation to Project Managers, Business Analysts and Managers around current processes,
- best practices and ideas to solve business challenges
- Manages costs incurred by the team, liaison to Lead to ensure central reporting of financials and looks for ways to optimise while continuing to deliver a great customer experience.
- Comply with the organisations Information Security Policy, and all subordinate policies and local
- Protect the organisation assets in line with the requirements set out in the Acceptable Use Policy.
- May well take responsibility for the management and personal development of other Infrastructure
- Between 6-10 years’ experience applying the engineering skill in a commercial environment
- 5-10 years Sysadmin, proven experience in in delivery or experienced 3rd line Support
- 3-5 years of Virtualisation experience (VMware, HyperV, XenServer, Containers, Serverless)
- Experience of designing infrastructure solutions in a hybrid environment, i.e. traditional data centres and Cloud services (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Infrastructure Automation and configuration management
- Experience of working within a DevOps/Agile environment
- Responsible for the quality outcome in the engineering discipline
- Considered an expert for their skill
- Responsible for the Community of Practice for their engineering skill
- Leads and takes responsibility for architecture and process improvement
- Managed Service experience
- 37.5 hour working week
- Personal Development Programmes