Principal Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud/Automation)
Industry: Financial Services
I currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principle Infrastructure Engineer to join a major financial organisation based in Chatham.
They are presently going through major growth and have several high-profile projects in the pipeline, as a result they need an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to help facilitate the growth of their business.
This is an exciting role where you will lead a team of highly skilled Infrastructure Engineer, working with great technologies such as; Terraform, Azure, PowerShell and some Containerisation tech stack.
The position offers and above market rate salary, exciting prospects and great additional benefits.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Takes the lead on delivery of work items in sprint for the team, working autonomously to engage key
- stakeholders, ensuring all decisions satisfy risk appetite and managing controlled delivery.
- Identify new opportunities and improvements in current practices
- Architect and design Network infrastructure to support the business goals and objectives while adhering to the IT architecture and Information Security principles (Loosely coupled architectures and secure by design)
- Provide strategic insight and input to the team in developing and enhancing strategies.
- Provide consultation to Project Managers, Business Analysts and Managers around current processes,
- best practices and ideas to solve business challenges
- Manages costs incurred by the team, liaison to Lead to ensure central reporting of financials and looks for ways to optimise while continuing to deliver a great customer experience.
- Comply with the organisations Information Security Policy, and all subordinate policies and local
- Protect the organisation assets in line with the requirements set out in the Acceptable Use Policy.
- May well take responsibility for the management and personal development of other Infrastructure
- Between 6-10 years’ experience applying the engineering skill in a commercial environment
- 5-10 years Sysadmin, proven experience in in delivery or experienced 3rd line Support
- 3-5 years of Virtualisation experience (VMware, HyperV, XenServer, Containers, Serverless)
- Experience of designing infrastructure solutions in a hybrid environment, i.e. traditional data centres and Cloud services (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Infrastructure Automation and configuration management
- Scripting (JSON, Powershell, Bash, YAML)
- Experience of working within a DevOps/Agile environment
- Responsible for the quality outcome in the engineering discipline
- Considered an expert for their skill
- Spends a non-trivial amount of time mentoring and coaching Engineers and associate Engineers
- Responsible for the Community of Practice for their engineering skill
- Leads and takes responsibility for architecture and process improvement
- 37.5 hour working week
- Personal Development Programmes