Principal Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud/Automation/DevOps)
Industry: Financial Services
I currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principle Infrastructure Engineer to join a major financial organisation based in Central London.
They are presently going through major growth and have several high-profile projects in the pipeline, as a result they need an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to help facilitate the growth of their business.
This is an exciting role where you will play a key part in the support of 3 separate product teams. The working environment is constantly developing and you will have on-going exposure to new technologies such as cloud, scripting in Terraform and DevOps.
The position offers and above market rate salary, exciting prospects and great additional benefits.
- 2-6 years of Virtualisation experience (VMware, HyperV, Xen Server)
- 2-4 years Sysadmin, proven experience in in delivery or experienced 2nd/3rd line Support
- Experience of building and supporting infrastructure solutions in traditional data centres and Cloud services (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience in PaaS and IaaS cloud solutions
- Some experience in Infrastructure Automation and configuration management
- Some scripting knowledge (JSON, Powershell, Bash, YAML)
- Considered a mid-level engineer
- Spends a non-trivial amount of time being mentored and coached by the Principal and Lead engineers and self-teaching
- Understanding of on-premises and cloud networking concepts
- Proven experience of working within a DevOps/Agile environment
- Experience of building and supporting business critical applications in the cloud
- 37.5 hour working week
- Personal Development Programmes