Scrum Master (Agile)
Industry: Financial Services
I currently have a very exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master working in Agile for a major financial company based in Chatham
This is an excellent opportunity where you will lead and guide the Scrum team in values and practices of Scrum, whilst playing a key role in promoting the adoption of Agile across the whole business.
The company are a major financial organisation who are currently undergoing a transformation within the whole IT function, as a result they need a Scrum Master with excellent knowledge in Agile to help develop and promote their Agile methods.
This is a high-level position where you will be instrumental to the development of the business’ working principles/methods, in particular, across operation & commercial engineering departments
The position offers an above market rate salary, an excellent benefits package and an impressive pension scheme.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Guiding the team to be self-organising while promoting an open, honest and respectful environment
- Guiding the team on Agile methodologies and their associated practices
- Responsible for the removal of impediments that hinder the team’s productivity
- Responsible for facilitating the agile ceremonies, such as daily stand ups, sprint planning, sprint demos and retrospectives
- Ensuring the SDLC is adhered to while contributing to its continued improvement
- Embraces and drives a continuous learning culture where the development of new skills and knowledge is paramount to the success of their role and career.
- Commits to involvement in regular performance and development conversations with their line manager and embraces a culture of in-time feedback and coaching.
- Comply with the organisations Information Security Policy, and all subordinate policies and local procedures.
- Protect the organisation assets in line with the requirements set out in the Acceptable Use Policy.
APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE, PROBLEM SOLVING & INNOVATION
- Facilitate creativity and empowerment for the development teams through continuous improvement
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organisation
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organisation/coaching the team to higher levels of maturity
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – comfortable working with and presenting to senior management and ExCo
- Strong skills in negotiation and stakeholder management
- Ability to confidently articulate the implications of technical debt and techniques for its removal
- First level Scrum Master certified
- Proven track record in playing the Scrum Master role for a software team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory
- Working within Jira/VSTS for Product backlog management
- Good knowledge of Agile techniques: XP, Kanban and Scrum
- Good knowledge and experience of using agile techniques such as User Stories, ATDD, BDD and TDD
- Excellent understanding of DevOps principles such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment
- Experienced in generating team dashboards based on metrics such as Burndown and Velocity
- Technical experience within the Microsoft development stack including Visual Studio and C#
- Understanding of APIs, Microservices and SOA
- An understanding of Cloud technologies such as Azure/AWS
- Experience of applying SAFe within a commercial enterprise
- 37.5 hour working week
- Personal Development Programmes