Senior BI Developer
Salary: Up to £45,000 + bonus and benefits
I am currently recruiting for a Senior BI Developer to join a well-established and growing organisation in Bristol. Reporting to the BI Manager the role will require you to lead the development and delivery of insightful / actionable information dashboards and data models. Presentation of this information is primarily via Tableau, but Excel and other tools are available. Being able to convey meaningful analysis using innovative data visualisation techniques is essential.
The role will also include the responsibility for all aspects of Tableau (including server, administration, security, upgrades).
- To work with the BI technical teams to agree, scope, design and prioritise new BI projects
- Scoping, development and deployment of data models from a number of disparate systems using a variety of ETL techniques.
- Responsible for the design & delivery of all BI reporting content (primarily through Tableau), to fulfil business requirements
- Hands-on Tableau technical configuration, development and administration
- Investigating new insight/analytical opportunities as the scope of the BI solution increases
- Driving valuable / insightful understanding using a variety of data visualisation techniques focused in unearthing ‘So What’ analysis and being able to correlate actions to likely results to help drive improvements
- The ability to run Deep Data Analysis and an interest in using AI
- Supporting Master Data Activities in helping the business take greater ownership of its data
- Experience in full BI project lifecycle, from requirements & design to hands-on delivery & support
- Mandatory technical skills: Tableau or similar, advanced SQL skills (specifically dimensional modelling in data warehouse databases, MDX), ETL proficiency (design & development), and experience in cloud technologies
- Proven hands-on BI technical ability (e.g. ETL design/development, DW schema design)
- Experience in data analysis/architecture, understanding of master data management & data quality initiatives
- Experienced in a range of reporting tools, specifically Tableau
- Experience in data visualisation best practice, producing insightful information
- Strong communication skills, to evangelise the benefits of BI across all business functions
- Strong organisation skills and project management experience (both agile and waterfall)
- Exposure to big data, IOT sourced datasets
- Exposure to Python or R