Senior SOC Analyst
SOC / Security Operations / SIEM / Threat Hunting / Incident Management
My client are an award winning business specialising in a host of Cyber Security solutions. This a great opportunity to join a company undergoing an exciting period of expansion with lots of projects to get stuck into.
You will be responsible to the SOC Manager for providing Threat Hunting and Incident Response leadership for SOC staff. You will help identify, implement and document appropriate methodologies and provide instruction to more junior members of the SOC team in delivering these areas to customers.
- Assist the SOC Manager in providing Day to Day management of SOC Analysts and associated activity, with emphasis on threat hunting and incident response activity.
- Assist the SOC Manager in maturing Incident Response and Threat Hunting methodologies.
- Support Shift Analysts in delivering real time proactive monitoring and response.
- Provide targeted threat intelligence analysis to better target threat hunting activity.
- Provide remote and on-site incident response activities and advice, to support customers during and immediately after security incidents.
- Produce and maintain operational processes and procedures.
- Create and maintain SIEM correlation rules, signature creation for supported NIDS/NIPS and Endpoint Protection products, with a particular emphasis on threat hunting related rule creation and searches.
- Carry out Triage on Security events, raise incidents and support the Incident Management process.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of monitoring points.
- Generate customer facing daily, weekly and monthly security reports.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Experience of working in one or more SOC environments.
- Experience in offensive security activity through penetration testing or red team activity
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems).
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- In-depth knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications.
- In-depth knowledge of desktop and server operating systems and associated log analysis.
- Experience in mentoring Junior Analysts.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a UK National Security Clearance
This is a permanent opportunity with a salary up to £65,000, up to 10% bonus and a market leading benefits package!
If this role is of interest and you would like to find out more please do not hesitate to give us a call and ask for Trevor on 0121 234 7100 or drop me line on