Our company and culture
We love our culture – it has helped us achieve some amazing things. We will nurture and protect it. Passionate about service, we’re on a mission to revolutionise our colleagues’ and customers’ experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun, professional and supportive, we want like-minded individuals who love to love their job. We are more concerned about contribution than job title and we encourage collaboration and openness.
We all have a ‘can do’ approach and are all happy to roll our sleeves up in order to get a job done well and at pace – our aim is to delight our customers. We move quickly, we are proud of our success and even more excited about the future.
In this role you’ll be overseeing the Service Desk teams to ensure they deliver the level of service required by our customer. You will also contribute to continual service improvements and bring own ideas and solutions.
- Assisting in the development of the Service Desk team to ensure they are capable of undertaking their roles and responsibilities effectively.
- Managing the performance of the team to ensure agreed overall service levels and KPI’s are achieved.
- Agreeing performance objectives with individual team members and communicate performance against objectives on a monthly basis.
- Undertaking regular structured and call recorded development sessions with the team.
- Supporting the team in creating a motivational and supportive working environment.
- Leading regular team meetings to ensure two-way communication is maintained between team members and management.
- Dealing with high level complaints and identifying effective solutions for our customers.
- Analysing type of calls to spot trends and improve the service we offer.
- Supporting a continuous improvement programme and ensure ALL processes and procedures are evaluated for efficiency.
- Manage rota, holiday requests and authorised absences to ensure adequate cover at all times.
- Manage any employee issues in line with HR policies.
- Assisting in the recruitment and selection of new staff.
- Preparing reports/management information as instructed by the Service Desk Operations Manager.
We want our people to embrace opportunities and to grow with our business. Although this is a general summary of the principle responsibilities of the role and the level of knowledge and skill typically required, you may get involved in other activities and you should therefore not consider this to be an exhaustive list.
Skills and experience
You will need to bring:
- Proven experience in a Technical Team Leader position within a Service Desk environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Accurate, numerate with the ability to display logic problem solving abilities.
- A good level of general education.
- The ability to demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to work as a team player.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
We’d like it if you could bring:
- ITIL Foundation qualification (V3).
- Methodical and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Hours of work – 37.5 per week.
- Working Pattern – 8am – 6.30pm Monday – Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch break).
- May be required to work Saturdays.
- Location – Coventry.